The beginning…

Holla blogon(it's time I used it again)...

How's it bean?

If anyone failed to notice...the last post of ours by Mustafa was the 100th post on this site and we are very proud of how the things have build up and how we have grown post by post.

So here's an account of things that have gone by...

The name Anthropists...many people asked me, what does it mean and how did it come about? Well...if you use Google and fail to find the meaning of this word, it's not your fault neither Google's but it's an accident that took place on 1st of Jan 2010.

Let me take it to the beginning of things...

We all sat down and planned for an organized blogging platform to share our genuine thoughts about different topics. Thankfully no one had a second opinion and all 5 of us (me, sharq, guru, YK and musti) agreed to it in a flash. But where do we start...a very big question...there are so many sites that provide you with blogging platform...and well, they left it on to me to find a site and start blogging...

I went through all of them, bigadda, wordpress and ofc blogger etc and couldn't actually decide on one. I went straight up to Google & searched the word "blog" deciding that the first blogging site that appears is what I am going to select. And it's anybody's guess which one landed up...

Now then...site done...what about the all important domain name? I had a word in my mind from a long time which meant "study of humanity" & it exactly summed up the thought process behind us joining hands to write...the word is called "ANTHROPOLOGY" and the exact one which I wanted to coin was ANTHROPOLOGISTS, and guess what?...I miss-spelt it as ANTHROPISTS(don't ask me why...it just landed up)...after I wrote and published our first post came to notice the irony and as things go by...I let it be...so this is something which very few people actually know about...

We never really expected people to come and read our stuff but a soul called Lazy18(where are you?...:'( ...) was the first commenter we found on the first post and were utterly glad and surprised...and then of course people like Shafiq khan, pragya and aditi kapoor joined in and we soon had quite a number of followers for a relatively new blog...

And of course...the countdown up to 100 hasn't been easy at all...full of bumpiness and surprises and a whole lot of emotions coming out...there have been funny, sarcastic, intellectual, emotional, dramatis tic, soulful, inspiring and even some not so good posts but all in all...when I look back...I feel proud and joyous...maybe this is what someone might call a success! But this is just the beginning...isn't it?

In hope of continuation and assurance of stuff better to come...signing off...

3 comments:

Angel said...

hopefully the good work continues as it is....
best of luck...

Shawrix said...

Seeing the title i tot..the 1st post came up :P...Itni mehnat kari aur saari post gayab ho gayi...then i realised the real cause =D..Its been a real acheivement..not only the number in itself but also the quality...quantity never mattered. Hip hip Hooray!

Pragya said...

frst of all ur blog name is very unique n who goes to knw its meaning all de time???but nicely explained....n congrates u ppl made it to century...n ofc i feel very proud to b a member as follower of dis blog.....all de best fo more success!!!!:)