DNA - Da Naturally Awesome!

Hellos and Histones...

How's your DNA people?

"Deoxyribonucleic acid", as soon as the word struck my drums, I had a feeling that this word is of a whole lot of importance. It was back then, when I was in std 9. When I hear this word now, it only means Fascinating! From the last fifteen days I am being left utterly fascinated by this word called DNA.

Who knew that five alphabets control each and every organism on the planet, AGTC & U. The way you look, feel, walk, talk, and even think is controlled by just the order in which 4 of these 5 alphabets are placed in the DNA of your cell. Every cell in your body has it. Exactly the same. And by the way the DNA maintains the same order for only 6600000000 times per cell. One molecule, just one molecule is what our basic identity is.

The deeper I come to know about moleculer biology, the deeper I feel the meaning of being fascinated. The human body in itself is so diverse yet so basic and mysterious that I go out of words when I learn new things about it. For example, If all the veins and arteries were to put together end-to-end of an Adult Human, they would circle the world 4 times. If all the DNA of one Adult Human were to be stretched and joined end- to-end...It would go and come back from the sun over a 100 times!!!*gulp...Wide-eyed* This is science and the more I study, the more closer I am to GOD. Then why do some people think studying science will keep you away from him.

This makes me think about how could it all have been started? I mean they say earlier it was RNA and not DNA but even then,
how come RNA came to be? Then they say that there were countless number of atoms and particles suspended freely. They collided to each other everynow and then and...CO-INCIDENTLY, some of the compatibles formed this molecule RNA which could replicate itself and thus started a journey called EVOLTION of life. FASCINATING isnt it?

There are still a thousand mysteries about life and it's constituents. I wish to solve some of them, if not all before my DNA's had enough. So with thoughts of embarking on my journey to discoveries and surprises, Sighning off...

2 comments:

Pragya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pragya said...

gud information....seems tht u hav thoroughly went to de topic...n thts true de world of science is really fascinating!!!