Pygmalionism


 

Hey, me back!

So today I was just sitting idle and suddenly from nowhere I get this feeling of playing my keyboard. As I did that, I noticed that I haven't played from more than one n half years and I am playing it alright. It's a surprise coz I wasn't so good at it before but now I feel so much better after the break. But anyways…what I want to talk about is, Pygmalionism…it means to love an inanimate object, just like I do to my keyboard or even my tabla.

It's strange as to how we humans attach ourselves to objects so easily and than there comes a stage when you start falling in love with it. I literally loved my bat when it was new and I was continuously playing cricket. I would hug it so affectionately and spend hours just looking at it. It was beautiful and had all the curves but that's very strange. I don't know how many here agree to me but every now and then humans suffer pygmalionism.

Some people even talk to things, ask questions to them and laugh and cry and what not. A few on the other hand even sleep with them(shhh…).

But humans can love anything, can't they? From cities to moods to fancy toilets to movies to Angelina etc…(even sonu niigaam) May be that's what keeps us going. The love for the things that we do, see, hear etc.

So how many of you suffer pygmalionism and for what object? You can even tell me about the people you know who behave weirdly to things in the comments section below…feel free to comment…I even seem to have pygmalionism for comments as wellJ! Take care.

1 comments:

Shawrix said...

The topic is quiet intresting as u have got me thinking which object i love the most...hmm.. can't get any material that i love lol..As for the weird person there are few people in this world who are afraid of bathing or washing..Ablutophobia- Fear of washing or bathing...thats very weird to me..