North East West South - NEWS

Hello...anyone missed me? By the looks of the post from my achates guru, it feels as if he at least did. But yeah, faced a few problems and was busy with my NANA (maternal grandpa) landing here to visit us. He's still here though.

Let's just have our opinions about the news that's on these days…

The Flood in Pakistan & northern parts of India…

It's obviously very sad to hear about around 2 million people strangled and about 2000 losing their lives in this massive calamity. The UAE is doing it's bit to provide the desideratum. But I as an Indian see this as a golden opportunity to bring the people of the two countries so close together that it soon gives a golden reward of an unbreakable friendship. If India could now extend the helping hand to the people stranded, the people receiving the help are going to spread the word around and all this might actually bring a twinkle in the eyes of the politicians too. I know I am not so mature to be giving out ideas from my weltanschauung to resolve issues between 2 nations but giving it a try is not a bad ploy. BTW I have heard Indians living in UAE donating for the cause which is a very good thing. Hats off to the UAE army for sending their choppers and army for help.

The Berry that used to taste sweet…

Moving on to something very foolish going on in the world…Banning the services of the Blackberry. I am sure that even the donkeys in my village have heard this news. I mean honestly, is it such a big deal? If it is, why take this step? This news has haunted me from the last month like a poltergeist. Everyone seems to have misunderstood the news itself because whenever I meet someone new, they seem to say…"ohh, you have a BB, sad, it's getting banned". First of all my friends who think they read the newspapers daily, the internet services are getting banned, not the device! It doesn't make a difference to me coz I barely use the services, but what about all those people who earned their bread and butter using this. The Businessmen, it is like a gift from the heavens to them and taking it back would be like betrayal of the gods. Anyways, the security concern is the excuse for the banning it and If I may ask, weren't there any security concerns from the start? Suddenly you see people talking about blackberry being a weapon of mass destruction. I think they should come to some pact between the BB People and resolve this because this step is taking us no further.

Ramadan Kareem

The holy month of the Muslims has begun and being celebrated all over the world. I like this month too because you see people in Dubai are more calm about their job and no one likes to create a fuss. What more? It teaches good things and to behave properly. I am sure Yusuf is utilizing this month to the fullest!:P Along with sharq n musti ofc.

Enough of news bulletin, signing off…Ron from Anthropists news centre,blogspot, blogger.com…umm google yeh?

1 comments:

Shawrix said...

Yeah i saw the photo of uae choppers..india is planning to send 5million$ but its still undecided :S...Blackberry is merely getting free advertisments thats it :P..its all about spicing things up.

Oh and ramadaan kareem!