Get Married or Get Harassed

EXCUSE ME! there's someone waiting in the queue to write a post!
Why you Brake the Law???
Well yea I've been for waiting for the last 2-3 days to write a post by keeping at least a 24 hour gap between the two but due to some heavy material delivering urgency from Shark I've been waiting aside.

Okay! here's a good fact about Punjabis, whenever we meet a stranger the first thing we do is to find out whether there's any family relation between us or not, if yes then that's great but if not then there are some who are secretly trying to create relations between the 2 families. Moral: we like healthy things- healthy food, healthy body and healthy relationships...:D

Why am I discussing all this? Well first of all I'm a Punjabi(If you have doubt go read "Overdose") and secondly I'm going through something like this right now!

Last time I went to India I stayed there for around 6 months and attended lots and lots of marriages and I'm so tired of it that I don't wanna attend any marriage at least for a year or two even if its mine!..:P

Marriages means meeting some relatives and a lot of strangers who are actually relatives to you somehow (Door ke rishtedar), I met a lot of them after a long time and some of them even for the first time and Unsurprisingly  most of them were Surprised when they saw me, I was a kid back then when I came to Dubai around 11 years back but I was a 5'10" giant with a beard around his face and big turban. And most of them were saying the same thing "I remember you being a Notorious kid, you've grown up a lot! (WTH! do you expect me to be the same for my whole life?? you've grown up too! you look "Old" *In my mind), So now that you are the only unmarried guy left among your brothers what are your plans about it? And even before I could say something they use to suggest me as well "Look the palace is booked, all the relatives are together, I suggest you to do it now!" Well I somehow escaped from there.

I was talking to one of my cousin in US yesterday and we are quite frank with each other but we were not around this time as mom and dad were sitting next to me but then suddenly Bhabhi ji (Brother's wife) came on the phone, I wished her and she wished me too but then suddenly she shifted to the topic about my marriage and even before I could realize what's going on she was like I know you've seen a girl too!
Me: No!, I haven't! o.O
Bhabhi ji: Then I've seen a girl for you, shall we start conversation with her parents?
Me: No! not for 4-5 years AT LEAST!
Bhabhi ji: What about the engagement then? Do it now
Me: No! not for 4-5 years, I wanna do engineering first!
Bhabhi Ji: Who is stopping you from doing that!? this is important too!
Me: I don't wanna do it atleast for 4-5 years!
Bhabhi ji: Even the girl wants to study first, She'll be doing law!
Me: No! I don't wanna talk about it for 4-5 years (Mom and Dad asking me about whats going on)
Bhabhi ji: This means that you've found someone, I knew it! btw when are you coming here?
Me: Nooo! atleast not for 4-5 years! Oh I mean we are coming next month.

Now this a situation where you just can't answer anything!
I thought being the only unmarried guy in the family would mean a lot of advantage over others but surely its not turning out to be in the way I wanted it to be, They all wanna hang another guy like they are been hanged...

-GURU

3 comments:

Shawrix said...

Hahah..This was funny. Seriously..Teeri to sui (needle) hi atak gayi thi. Acha hua bhabhi ji ne kuch aur nahi poonch liya.

PS. Mera plane tune land nahi hoone diya!!!!!!! Sabkooo delete kardongaaaa!!! Lol

Mustafa said...

Tu beta jaldi sey college lagja warna ek din isi blog pei shaadi Mubarak ki post dalni padheygi :P

Ps Shariq terey ko toh us plane mein crash karonga!

Rj said...

Paji...we know punjabis are all about fun and being funny but zindagi ka mazak banana is not funny...haan agar sab log aise karne lagey to sahi hai lekin otherwise it's desastrous ... Meri maan karley shaadi...;P ...lol
For those of u wondering whn m I writing a post( if any) well...not atleast for 4-5 years...just kidding...soon