Excite-me-n(o)t = Excitement for me!

Howdy readers!

So this is an incident that doesn’t usually happen…I have noticed it all the time that whenever something special happens to me…It kind of becomes more special …in a funny way, for example…I was the lead character in one of the plays I did…and everyone had a mic…just me without one…someone had to enter in midst of the play to give me the mic!...the curtain guy slept in the one previous to this one!...my first stage performance as a singer…well…I had the mic this time…STOPPED WORKING as soon as I started singing…amazing!...people laughed at me…and I had to continue to sing…coz the karaoke was playing in the background!

So apart from those and lots n lots of other stories…something happened on this Tuesday…u knw the city radio…over here in Dubai we have so many stations…and one of them is city 101.6…now these guyz asked me a question…well…to all but u know when u are alone in the room and the radio is playing…u feel as if the girl with the heavenly voice is solely talking to u…so this girl asks a fairly simple question…and I answer it via sms…and after some 2 minutes…she calls “ME” on the cell…that is…off air…and this is what happened!

Tia (the radio girl) : hey…

Me: hello…:S

Tia : may I speak to Mr. Rajesh please…

Me: What?...ohh Rajesh…yeah that’s me.(Not used to Mr, & I kinda get nervous with new girls on the phone…:P)

Tia : hehe…yeah so u have won the gift hamper worth of 300 AED …

Me : hmm…Thank u…

Tia : you have WON this PRIZE!!!

Me : yeh…thank u very much ( in a voice which felt like…somebody just died…NERVOUS!)

Tia : I am giving u a prize and u are sounding so low!...c’mon this is not fair!

Me : ohh...no actually that’s the way I sound…

Tia : No…listen…when I put you on air…you have to sound excited or else I will be in trouble…allryt?

Me : ohh…ok. No probs…I will try my level best!

Tia : ok fine…wait up…

So now this song is playing in the backdrop and after it ends she is just doing her job, giving info about the artist and all and was about to introduce me…meanwhile I thought of practicing the excitement…or to just act like I was… without knowing tht she put me on air without telling me…so this happens…

Tia : so this song was by shamur (let the music play) and he’s quiet popular even now because...

Me : (interrupting)HEYY TIAAAAAAA!!!

Tia : Wht the!!……heyyy!!!...who’s that:S??

Me : huh?...YEYY!!! it’s Rajesh…(just watch the excitement…lol)

Tia : alright…rajesh…y are u so excited?...(haha…I literally laughed…first she was like u are dull now excited?)

Me : hehe…no actually whenever I talk to city 1016 I get excited…(I had to use it to save myself coz to make them happy this is the last thing u can do! And it always works)

She asked the question again on air…and I answered and then she announced the prize…

Tia : congratulations Rajesh…you get a 300 dirham gift voucher to go n buy BLANKETS for you!

Me : (what? Blankets? but…since I had to sound excited!) YEYYY!!!(now this Yeyy literally sounded like I am scolding someone…YEY!!!...haha)

And the nightmare for me ended…but never the less I won something to cover myself up for the rest of Dubai…! BLANKETS!!!

This post is solely dedicated to the team of city 1016 and especially...TIAAAA!!!

- RJ Pareek

5 comments:

Shawrix said...

Haha i died laughing dude!! ..Hey tiyaaaaa!XDD
So much for a blanket ..!! They will surely send a blanket to you dude! they dont wont you to call them again! :D

Guru said...

hey raj when will u get these blankets??????
give me 1 i need it or otherwise i wont be able to read........coz my AC i dont knw wats wrong with it....i have to complaint about it in the service centre.......lol
but it was really a nice post....with u getting over excited and making tia feel over depressed.........lol

yusuf khan said...

NOT FAIR! when ever i call.. it takes me around 5 tries to go on air.
u are lucky cause whenever you call U r on air on the 1st go..
anyway i'll get the recording and enjoy laughing..
niceee!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH!!!...that was awesome yaar..apart from the fact that i dont lissen to that channel but i can just imagine the scene..lol..i think you scared her..lol..i usually get on air..lol..most of my sms's get read out..lol..but nicely written..lol..good conveyance of expression..keep writing :)

Mustafa Khan said...

bwahahaha....tht was cool,feelin pity for tiya.....hahaha she will never take ur call again..lol