Congratulations...It's a boy!

Hello everyone,

10th Feb is not something special is it?...But for us it is...because if it weren't of this day...Gurpreet Singh wouldn't have existed, neither a great friend nor a fantastic human being(or his jokes..lol).

I remember the day I met him…a cute lil boy…innocent,filled with energy, always active, a little confused, a little innovatively mischievious … yes, tht’s how he was! He was 9 or 10 back then…he’s 17 now. And what surprises me is his ability to remain the same...(mentally ofcourse)…When I look back after some 7-8 years…I find the same Gurpreet always. Whereas all of us have changed with time…me, amit, Mustafa(extremely), yusuf, shariq and meher too(although they are relatively new).

I used to never miss my school any day…not because I loved to study…because I loved to spend time with my friends…especially him…and to tell you the truth, It’s still the same…I attend the school because of my friends…it’s the habit he gave me when we were young.(still are…dun worry)

Why I say all this is because I owe a lot to him…I started playing cricket, I can do a bit of bhangra, I can speak a bit of punjabi and as a result understand Punjabi songs, learnt to respect all religions and most importantly look at everybody with the same reference point without any preconceptions.

You might be thinking is he my only friend?...no we all are equally bounded but it’s his day today and it’s nothing like we celebrate birthdays n all…but yes we do gift each other some momentos and stuff.

Finally this post is Solely dedicated to GS Gill...the guru of humour & sarcasm... to thank him for being there whenever required with a hope that he will in the future too.(would have written more but have physics exam tomorrow…)

Paji…This one’s for you…kinne kinne jana….???lol

-A loyal Friend...to another one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww..how adorable!..HAPPY B'DAY GURU!!!!!!!!!..may you have many many more to come!!!..lol..oh and best of luck for your physics exam y'all :)

and i belibe the ending line to that was "kinne kinne jana bilo de naal!"..lol..hapy b'day agen :)

Anonymous said...

btw awesome pic of gurpreet!..lol...love the dog..lol...ur a good frend rj :)..i used to go to school cuz of my frends 2...lol...now its diff cuz of uni so i miss the good old days....cherish it..miss my last year..never got to celebrate..so hope guru makes the most of it :)