HOSTELING the life!

Hay ya..

so whats snaking??

06th January 2005,
The days were cold, i was not so old. I had been in HOSTEL then, Delhi was the place.
Friends were good tough, but some spoilt as well. It was my first time that i had ever been away from my parents for such a long time. Once in three months my parents were allowed to meet me that too for 1hour. I was a fresher then to the INDIAN SYSTEM for everything. Did not even know what ragging was all about. So the first day i jumped into the ocean of evilness was in 2005, My father got me all the stuff required to live like a criminal. I was looking at my father while he was driving me to the hostel and my eyes could say "papa please don't, i promise i will never disturb ma again" but no effect on him. he wanted to get rid of one devil atleast and i was randomly chosen.
In 30 min's we reached to out destination, the walls of the school were two story high. No chance of jumping, dump jumping there was no question of climbing! The school was beautiful but the HOSTEL was just the opposite. Father left me with no options but to accept the fact that this is what IT IS!
Paper work complete, formalities complete, time for him to leave.. he leaves without a word said, but a HUG instead. (how could he do that? not even 'i love u beta' not even a 'bye'??) that made me cry..
I looked at the car driven off till i could see nothing but an empty road with cool breeze all around.. I said to myself, time for me to take care of myself, thing that i had never done before.
It was evening then, I was taken to the dometry by my WORDEN ( that sun of a GUN ) threw my bag on the bed and said get ready! I took shower by water that was just next to freezing point, i was not allowed by my seniors to access the heater. I could do nothing for they were older then me, as i was thought ISLAMIC moral values at home. It did not allow me to do anything out of my values.
Dinner.. i somehow was taken to the dinning area by some good mates. 500+ students looked at me at the same time! maybe because i was a late fresher. yes, i was one month late for the new academic year.
Dinner done, the food made me sick and i had to throwup. It was not easy to digest half cooked chapati.

Now comes the most interesting past of the POST "ragging" well YES i was ragged,
1. Three rounds of the dometry with my pillow inbetween my legs,
2. 20 pull ups, 20 push ups,
3. Introduced myself while singing,
4. told my hobbies while dancing,
5. this point cannot be disclosed as it may or may not be disturbing to readers
6. this point is also not to be disclosed as it may lead to feeling of sympathy for me.

(tumhari *****, tumhari ****) that is what i had in my mind all the time..
2 hours ragging done.. all the seniors gathered around me for the last time and asked me how do u feel? i said "galiyan dene ka man kar raha hai!" they all laughed and said "chal de" it mairly took me a fraction of a second to recollect all the BAD words i had ever known.
I started to blabber out every bit of myself, when i finished they again asked anymore BAD words you left with i said no! they laughed at me again and asked me so boy how do u feel now? Very good (with my chest to its double size) they then told me "well this was a personality development program don't take us seriously we are very sure that now you do feel like one of us!" and damn yes i did feel like one of them, in just 2-3 hours time they had come so close I HAD NO MORE FEARS of living alone.
I thought all the seniors were BAD but NO i was wrong, all were Delhi's toppers no one below 81% in any exam.
They just wanted to have fun and stay cool all the time, In just few days no one was a stranger, I had known all of them. The funnest part was in the morning.. there were only 3 bathrooms where HOT water was available and the rest 7 had cold watered.. these 7 were for us (juniors).
Out of those 3 bathrooms each bathroom had 4 seniors taking bath at the sane F***ING time!
and we use to hear voices "abe saale apna haath apni jagah pe rakh" and "yar plz idher bhi sabun lagana yar" and "kaminey! tune mera underwear pehna???" hahahah lolzzz
we juniors use to go early to the bathrooms to listen to these dialogs..
Then came 06th January,
we all classmates were very good friends by then, just because we all knew whats under eachothers cloths! lolzz... well thats what happens in BOY'S HOSTEL.. ALL BOYS ROAM AROUND NAKED IN THE MORNING!
So we were just talking about our families and thats when i realized that i had not spoken to my family for a month now.
well basically they did not call and i would not call as i was snaking angry!
I asked one of my friend 'when can i call my parents?' 3 months he replied. no no i mean when can i call them? like on phone! TWICE a month he answered, what??? well can i call now?
he said NO there is a specific time to call and u have missed the time for this month but not to worry you will be able to call them next month till then be angry on them thats how you will not remember them, thats what i do! this is what he explained to me. (I could do nothing again)
So one morning my friends came out laughing from the washrooms.. i was like what the hell? whats wrong with you people? They would not answer their hands were covering their mouths..
they all stood in a line and removed their hand from their mouths.. DAMN! they had shaved off their mustaches! I mean all of them at the same snaking time??
I felt so left out as i was the only junior with mustaches. No beard only mustache at that time.
They all forced me, shook me, hung me, shouted on me to cut my mustaches but No i would not CUT was my slapping reply!
Alright your wish! They said..
The same night when all slept including me my mates took ropes and tied my hands and legs to the bed while i was sleeping and suddenly i was waken up by one of the worst noises in the world, the noise of a working trimmer!
The next thing i know was, one of my friend was on my chest, 2 on my both hands and 2 on both my legs. They eventually looked like devils..
YOU HAVE NO CHOICE! *dhhhrrrrrrr TTttttrrrrrr * Trimmer was run over my mustaches..
I was then untied.. and they ran away at the same moment. I looked at the mirror and for once i thought my face looks like 'shaved ass of a Dog!'
But in the school the next day I was complimented by a number of girls..
HOSTEL WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE!
Both good and bad, i gained all the bad habits from there. But defiantly learned many things about life.
-yusuf khan (yk) the ragged one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHHHAHA!! omg yusuf that was awesome, i think my fav part has to be the bathroom talk and WHY did u have to tell me all boys walkeda round naked? *will have nightmares forever now* but wow yaar, ragging, must be real brave to go through all of that.

very well written and explained, i felt like i was there. keep it up and i hope you never go back there again.

Shawrix said...

Nice post!! Been a long time and this was your best comeback ever! Lolz! Sounds a bit rusty! but it would have been fun afterwards u got along lol!