Are bees really that good with spellings?..Why Spelling-BEE?

Heyy hunks and punks!(tht reminds me, I was once an orange “chunk” when I volunteered for Rani juices)

Howdy? In case anyone is interested, I have a cold and a sore throat. Anyways you would care only if I have a finger broken, a crooked hand or an eye missing…coz that’s what I use to blog! (and the rest of blogging community…hopefully)

But there is something else we use(ooo!!!)…hmm…want to know?... it’s our brain, which I found missing in the last blog of ours by Gary and therefore had to remove it…no hard feelings Gary!

Hmm…Quiet a lot happening in the past week, but something very interesting took place today, and I thought it was worth sharing.

Does English bother you sometimes? With it’s damned idiosyncratic and eerie lexicon? Guess what? Today was the day for me to know why Shakespeare was gay!

I had a spelling bee competition on the national level in Abu Dhabi after somehow getting selected in the school and then the district(or state). Since I live in Dubai and had no idea about how to reach to the Al nahda national girls school in Abu Dhabi, My dad takes his time-out from his busy schedule and decides to come along…now, the form that I carried had no information of where the school was so I had to take their contact info from 181 and we are on the way at 8 in the morn and my dad calls them. The receptionist, as usual says,”al nahda girls school, how may I help u sir?” And my dad told her that, we were on the way & needed to know where their school was. All hunky dory up till now, and for the sake of humanity, she started showing us the way. After asking her, scolding her, and she confusing us and herself(may be all of the other staff), by 9:15 I knew where Sheikh Zayed mosque was, We were patrolling the same area for more than an hour and the irony is that I see practically no signs of civilization anywhere to refer from!

My competition starts at 9:30 and it’s 9:15 and we are somewhere in Abu Dhabi, My dad finally calls up on her and decides to go no his own…He stops at a petrol pump and asks a taxi driver to take me n my friend(Amit ) with him to the school so that he can follow and reach, and guess what? We reach the school by 9:29. We felt as if the lady’s(receptionist) child was also in the competition and she didn’t want him/her to have more people to compete with! If Google earth hired her, Indians would be called Americans and she would be on Mars!

We are on time and wait for it to start as I put on my chest num 604. Started off with category I and I was in Category VI which took around 2n half hours before I was on the stage with 5 other participants from all over UAE! WOW! Felt good to be there, and could see my mom giving her ”I’m PROUD of u” expressions..but wait, who are my competitors?...5 Girls! OMG! No other boy? Am I the only one?...I whispered as I gazed around!

So now, it started and they asked me a word and guess what?...I spelt it! Ok, done with the first round! Now second round and the British guy asks me a word which even he wasn’t sure of how to pronounce and after thinking over it, making different confused faces he utters something like, “farfutchueiation”…I’m Like,” yeah! Exactly! N wht shld I do? Spell it? U crazy?”:P And trust me, I had No Idea wht so ever, about the word, and I, ofc, Spelt like an Indian would in the end! – “Forfuituivation?” An by his next expression I felt as if he was about to say, “I QUIT!” and suicide but instead he says,”I’m sorry tht’s wrong!”…I, in my own was like,”I won’t forgive you for this, even if u are sorry!”

And we returned, though I was 4th, was kicked out! As only the top three got selected, and I am happy that I managed to go up to that level and made my friends and parents happy!

Lots more to write about it but this is the shortest way I could represent it, If you have managed to read it till here! Kudos to you! And if not, who cares?

Take care people!

- Bee RJ

5 comments:

Shawrix said...

Nice man!!!!! Its good to see you sittin there between 5 girls :DD... Lol...Nvm back to the topic! Doesnt matter if you lost, because after all the spellings are just the way you pronounce em...and knowin the fact that the british guy was there.. i can sense what would have happened there!

Anonymous said...

AWWWEEESSSOOMMEEE!!!!!!congrats for reaching such a high level. really impressed. i dont know there were spelling bee's for 12th graders but then again that was amazing. especially u competeing against all girls..lol..and i must say that is one word that even i have not heard of..lol..and im supposed to know like all words!...i use to read the dictionary for fun(dont ask me, it was my moment of lameness..lol) BUT still u came fourth and that was awesome..u got an oppurtunity of a life time and we are all proud of ya!..good job *beams*

ps: punks are associated with hunks now?..lmao..fine by me

Mustafa Khan said...

congrats bro!!! thanks for saving the dignity of boys!!!! haha i wat would have happened with british guy after you spelled fur......hahahaaha

Guru said...

That english guy must have been trying to impress those 4 girls sitting over there and may be that is why he gave such a difficult word to u.........
but yeah well done!!U tried ur best and god did the rest.....lol
And can sm 1 tell me how many NAHDA'S are there is UAE???

yusuf khan said...

soooooooooo bloody proud of u man...
well u can come over to learn some spellings next time im sure u'll make it to the top of the charts... lol....
dude dont take it seriously ok?? if u by mistake knock my door and say im here for the spellings then im sure ill teach... lol..