The Ambassador!

Heyy...
I am sort of making a come back after I decided not to write anymore because life got busier than expected. But here I am trying to sniff some time out and pen down something for you all to read.

As I had briefed before about my Nana...so today I am going to tell you one of the true stories, out of the many that he told me.
There was a king, not so long ago, named Surajmal of a city in India called Bharatpur. The period of the kings was on the verge of decline. Surajmal was fond of cars and used to buy every new car that showed up in the international market. So as it goes, Ambassador cars started selling in India and Surajmal decided to take a tour to know more about them. He was a simple person, wore a turban and a dhoti. The manufacturers saw him and didn't recognize. As he was cheking everything out, the ambassador people thought he waas another Indian just here to waste our time. They started shooing him away with no respect at all.
Surajmal returned frustrated and immediately ordered 100 Ambassadors cars at his disposal. As soon as the cars arrived, he ordered their hoods to be taken off and used in the city as waste collecting vehicles! All 100 of them! After a month, many of them went into very poor condition. The cars had a free service period of a year. He sent them to the factory for repairs.
The Ambassador corporation had never felt so ashamed! They apologized to Surajmal and replaced all the 100 cars with the new once for free!
Such were the Indian Kings of the era, prestige meant everything to them. I hope you enjoyed this little story. I will bring you more if I can get some time out of my schedule...

1 comments:

Shawrix said...

Thats a pretty good way to use an ambassador....=P